I'm so glad you're here!
I thought I'd start off the blog by giving you more of a glimpse into who I am. When I'm getting to know someone new I always love to ask interesting questions so I thought it'd be fun to turn the tables on myself:
1. What talent would you most like to have?
Dancing. I love watching So You Think You Can Dance. I'm always amazed how people can make connections through movement.
2. What is your favourite saying?
At the moment: Wake Up. Be Kind. Kick Ass. Repeat.
3. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. Dark and Strong.
4. What superpower would you want to have?
Teleportation. It'd much more efficient!
5. What are you most excited about right now?
Being able to connect and work with people that inspire me.
6. What is the last thing you geeked out about? Where were you?
Cameras. On the beach after playing a game of volleyball. I was in the process of upgrading my gear and met friend of a friend who's a photographer. We totally geeked out about ISO, full frame vs crop, and lenses. It changed my decision about which camera body to buy.
7. What time did you get up today?
6am. I love mornings! The 80/20 rule anyways.
8. A current goal you have for yourself?
I want to learn to speak Italian and travel to Italy for a month spending some time working on an olive farm. I'll do this by 2018.
9. What's something you are really bad at?
Tennis. For some reason I've never figured out the game. My backhand is pretty embarrassing. That might be why I have so much respect for the game and love to watch it. I recently got to go to the US Open for the Quarterfinals which was amazing!
10. What's your idea of a perfect day?
Starting the morning with breakfast and a great cup of coffee. Next going on a hike or finding some space in nature. Then taking some down time reading or learning something new. Afterwards spending time with family and friends cooking a meal and connecting at the dinner table with a good glass of wine of course. Lastly ending the night signing and dancing at a live music event. Sounds like an amazing day!!
11. What's your biggest fear?
Losing someone that I love.
12. What's your favourite journey so far?
Discovering who I am and realizing my power.
13. The last time you were really scared?
I came eye to eye with a sea lion who had come up to steal a fish out of our net. I had reached out to land the fish with the net and saw a very large, dark figure come up from the water and stick his head into the net. I almost fell in the water because I held tighter to the net rather than doing the logical thing and let it go. I don't recommend getting that close to one. They're huge!
14. What's the last book you read?
I just finished The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whitthall. I've got three on the go right now; Sisters by Claire Douglas, The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck by Sara Knight and How to Live a Good Life by Jonathan Fields.
15. Who would you most want to have as a dinner guest?
Julia Child. I'm obsessed with food so I would love to pick her brain and hear her story in person.
16. What's your favourite season?
Fall. I love the cool crisp air and amazing colours. Nature shows us the beauty of letting go.
17. Sweet or Salty?
Sweet all the way.
18. What are the qualities you most value in relationships?
Honesty, authenticity, sense of humour, optimism and kindness
19. What do you think is the most important life question?
Are the challenges we face in life blessings in disguise?
20. What's a challenge you've taken on recently?
I've committed to improve my volleyball skills so I'm in training with a coach once a week. The hardest thing has been to change my bad habits. Mind over body!
That's me in a nutshell. I'd love to hear more about you!